Recently Lenovo rolled out the Android Marshmallow 6.0 OTA updates for Lenovo Vibe P1, if you’re the regular visitor of us, then your already know that, in past we shared lots of OTA updates for Lenovo devices like install Android Marshmallow OTA update in Lenovo A6000 and A6000+ and also A7000. So you can check any Android installation guides on any Lenovo devices, and a few months ago we also shared a guide on how to install Android marshmallow OTA update on Lenovo K3 note and enjoy the TheatreMax technology on your K3 note. but today we’re going to sharing the guide which helps you to update your Lenovo K4 Note to Android Marshmallow latest updates. The Lenovo officially announces this OTA update for Lenovo K4 Note device which is currently running on the S152_160302 or higher version of the Vibe UI; Lenovo launched many OTA updates for Lenovo K4 Note. But the latest update is S211 update file you need to run on the Android Lollipop means you are on S152_160302 to install the latest S211 Android M 6.0 on K4 Note. Some K4 Note users received the latest Android Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update notification on their phones but some not.
So this guide is cover the both ways to install automatically Android Marshmallow OTA update on Lenovo K4 Note from settings section and update manually using official Marshmallow ROM provided by the Lenovo. So you must read the full guide before you leaving this page. One more thing that you need to make a proper backup of your data and contacts, messages etc. One more thing that this ROM only works for build number A7010A48 S152 or higher, so before installing check your phone’s build number first.
First of all, you need to check the OTA update notification on your K4 note before installing the manually. Just follow below steps
- Go to Settings >> About Phone
- Then System Update >> Check for Update
- Then you may receive the OTA update notification then simply tap on download and install update
- If you did not get the OTA update notification, then follow manually guide to install Android M on Lenovo K4 Note.
Manually Install Android Marshmallow Official Update On Lenovo K4 Note
before you going on installation process first download the OTA update file according to your build number, download you build number OTA update zip file.
Note: Package”- The both the above OTA update files for Android Marshmallow. So download the file according to your build number.
Follow the below steps to install manually Android M on K4 Note.
- First, download OTA update file from above links according to your phone’s build number.
- Then rename the zip file to “update.zip” and move it to your SD card.
- Now boot your phone into recovery mode by pressing (Vol up + Vol down + Power) keys simultaneously.
- Now you’re in recovery mode, from there select your language as English
- Then tap on the option “InstallPackage.”
- Now Choose package file means choose your “update.zip” file
- Wait for few minutes for installation process then after completion reboot your phone.
- Now enjoy the Android Marshmallow on your Lenovo K4 Note.
This ROM is official Android Marshmallow ROM provided by the Lenovo only for K4 Note through this you’ll get new Vibe UI V6 if you’ve any problem during installation, then feel free to ask via comments and Subscribe us to get latest OTA update for your phone and don;t forget to share this guide with your friends or forums and social networking sites.