Finally waiting is over for getting Windows 10 Mobile OS for Microsoft Lumia device, because Microsoft rolling out the Windows 10 RTM update i.e fully working and bug fixed update for selected Windows Phone which is running on the Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. As we all know that Windows 10 RTM is already available for computers and Laptops since 2015th but some Lumia and Windows phone users wants to run the Windows 10 and enjoying its features like Cortana on their Windows Phone or Lumia devices. We all know that the previous Microsoft released the Windows Insider program for Windows Phone devices to test the Windows 10 Insider build preview on their Windows Phone device but this update is only the developer version and it contains some bugs and issues.
But this news is not good for all Windows Phone Device users because Microsoft selected the few Windows phone 8.1 devices for eligibility to install the Windows 10 RTM version on their smartphones, but in coming days, Microsft added the more Windows Phone and Lumia device to get the Windows 10 Mobile updates. SO check the below list to confirm that your Windows Phone 8.1 Device is eligible to get the Windows 10 RTM update.
List of Windows Phone 8.1 Device Getting the Windows Phone 10 RTM update
As we already said that Microsoft didn’t roll out the Windows 10 OS for all device, it is only available for selected Windows Device which is running on Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1, QFE8 or later versions. See the below listed Windows Phone device.
- Lumia 930
- Lumia 640
- Lumia 1520
- Lumia 640XL
- Lumia 730
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 735
- Lumia 532
- Lumia 540
- Lumia 635 1GB
- Lumia 636 1 GB
- Lumia 638 1 GB
- Lumia 435
- Lumia 430
Things To Required & Know Before Installing Windows 10 RTM Mobile:
- You’ve at least 1.5GB space free on your phone’s internal memory
- You have a good speed Wi-Fi connection to download the OS files
- Your phone must be running on Windows Phone 8.1
Also Check: How To Install Android N 7.0 On PC
What’s You’ll Get new on your Windows Smartphone Devices
- Cortana (Only for US, UK, China, France, Italy, Spain, and German)
- New Music & video streaming via the new Groove Music App
- Pre-installed the new version of Skype
- Microsoft Edge browser
- Speech to text and much more.
How To Install Windows 10 Phone Update On Windows Phone 8.1 Device:
- You’ll need to download the Upgrade Advisor app from Windows Store on your Windows Phone, then install it.
- Now open the Upgrade Advisor app, if it shows the update is available then select the option Enable Windows 10 Upgrade
- After this, now go to your Phone’s settings then at the last tap on the Phone Update then finally tap on the Check For New Updates option.
- Now it will download the Windows 10 update files on your Windows Phone
- After completing update process you’ll see the new Windows 10 Hero wallpaper on your lock screen, and you’ll use and enjoy the Cortana assistant and new Microsoft Edge browser.
This is the easiest method to update Windows Phone 8.1 device to Windows 10 Mobile for free and this is not the complex method every user able to use this method to install Windows 10 RTM on the Window Phone device i.e Lumia device, If you’ve any question, suggestion or query feel free to ask through comments.