LeEco is the flagship killer smartphone manufacturer and launch the awesome and best handsets, now the LeEco starts rolling out some OTAupdates for their devices. And we have a good news for India LeEco smartphone users that LeEco Le 2 get the EUI 5.8 Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 based OTA update and this update is only available for the India. You need to keep some things in your mind that your phone should be on EUI 5.6.013S, unrooted, on stock recovery, not the custom revery. This EUI 5.8 OTA update comes with major fixes listed below.
Before installing the EUI based marshmallow update. it highly recommends making the proper backup of your messages, contacts, and other personal data. This is the official ROM of Android Marshmallow so don’t worry about the update failure and other hardware failures.
Features of EUI 5.8 update:
- New & Immersive VR (Virtual Reality) interface
- Remote Assistance
- Wallet App
- New Improved Music player
- New Camera app with new features
- provide better battery life
- Fingerprint App lock feature
- Wallet app
- And other Android Marshmallow features.
Steps to install EUI 5.8 Marshmallow Update On LeEco Le 2 Superphone:
- First download the official ROM EUI 5.8 based Marshmallow 6.0 update from here, note the size of the ROM is 1.7 GB.
- After download, now rename S2_X526-OS-OP-IIXOSOP5801506286S-5.8.015S.zip to update.zip
- Now transfer the downloaded zip to your LeEco Le 2′ root directory of the internal storage via USB type C.
- Now safely eject your Le 2 superphone from your PC
- Now on your Le 2 superphone go to System Update -> Settings -> Local Update. Then installation will be started automatically
Source: Le Forum
If you’ve any problem or getting the error during the installation then feel free to ask any question regarding this guide or tutorial via comments section we’ll help you and reply to your comments shortly, and don’t forget to share this post with other LeEco Le 2 users on social media.