Discord is the free Application for a chat that is mostly used by games across the world. Discord is a really popular platform, which means that there are few Discord errors like How to Quote Someone on Discord. Many users are having trouble connecting to Discord and it prevents users from joining the voice channel by the No Route error. This No Rout error is the same as the ICE CHecking and Stuck RTC Connecting errors, most of these cases Discord stopped in its track when it’s trying to connect to a voice server.
Recently, a lot of users reported that they encountered the discord no route error problem on their computer and as a result, they failed to connect to a voice server. So, here you can able to solve your no route error and also know about what is causing the discord the no route error. Without any further due let’s move to the next part.
- 1 What is Discord No Route Error?
- 2 What is Causing the Discord No Route Error?
- 3 How To Fix No Route Problem On Discord?
- 4 1. Restart Modem, Router, And Computer
- 5 2. Uninstalling the 3rd party Firewall
- 6 3. Remove your VPN
- 7 4. To Check If Discord is Blocked by Your Network Admin
- 8 5. Disable QoS
- 9 6. Change the server’s voice region
- 10 7. By Flushing the DNS Setting
- 11 Summing-up
What is Discord No Route Error?
Discord no route error occurs when you are trying to connect to any service on your computer. It means when you are trying to connect to a voice server your network is unable to connect. There are several reasons for this error like firewall, VPN and we are going to discuss most of them in this article. So, follow the method mention below to solve no route error.
What is Causing the Discord No Route Error?
In this error when you try to connect to any service on your computer, you see the discord no route error. There isn’t any particular reason which causes this problem, there are multiple reasons which cause this error like your connection or VPN could be causing this error. To solve this problem, you have to restart your computer, modem, and router. And, this problem happens if you have a dynamic ID.
Sometimes you get this error because you have a third-party firewall or antivirus installed on your computer. And because of this third-party antivirus discord won’t be able to make a connection with an external server.
As we know that discord only works with a VPN that has a UDP. Sometimes the VPN you are using does not have UDP, UDP stands for User Datagram Protocol and it is required for using discord. And to know more about UDP you can google it, you can get all the information about UDP.
Also, Discord might be blocked or restricted on your network you are using and because of this, you will be unable to connect to the server. The reason you face the discord no route error because the voice region you are using is not compatible with your client. To solve this problem you can go to your service provider or admin and ask them to change the voice region of the server.
How To Fix No Route Problem On Discord?
1. Restart Modem, Router, And Computer
Restarting your devices cannot confirm that it will fix your computer, but it’s not causing you any problem to try the method. Because sometimes you encountered the no route error because the IPV6 connection was disrupted by a dynamic IP that keeps changing. So, by rebooting your device you can able to fix the disrupted connection.
And you see that whether your issue is temporary or not by restarting your router and your computer.You can able to find out wether your problem is solved or not. It’s not necessary to reset the network settings of your route – you can simply unplug the power cable and plug it back in.
After successfully rebooting your devices next verify whether you can connect to discord voice servers without facing the No Route error. If the error is still occurring, continue to the next method.
2. Uninstalling the 3rd party Firewall
Another possible cause for no route error is due to Antivirus or firewall. The firewall/antivirus allows internet packets to flow through your system can come back in. But due to firewall/antivirus discord not able to maintain the outgoing connection. To know whether your security system causing the error or not, you need to follow the method mention below.
Here’s a quick guide, how you can do it:
- Open run dialog box Window key + R. Now type “appwiz.cpl” and press enters to open up Programs and Features.
- Now inside the Program and Feature option, scroll down and locate your 3rd party security solution, then right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Uninstall the third-party Antivirus or firewall on your system.
- Now go to the power option and reboot your computer and see if Discord can connect without issue.
3. Remove your VPN
VPN also a reason for Discord no route error, this error occurs when if the user is actively using a VPN that is not configured to use UDP (User Datagram Protocol). Due to the use of the VPN Discord app is not able to connect to the external server. Basically, the Discord app is not designed to run alongside with VPN that isn’t using the User Datagram Protocol.
If you are using a VPN for your Discord, you need to ask your VPN service provider for information regarding the use of UDP. And you also need to clarify whether the VPN causing the problem or something else by disabling it and trying to connect to Discord to a new voice server.
If your VPN is causing the problem, then you can go for a different VPN service provider or you can just keep your VPN service off by disabling it while you are using discord.
But If you still face the Discord no route error, then the problem is not related to VPN. You can continue down to the next method.
4. To Check If Discord is Blocked by Your Network Admin
There is a possibility that discord is blocked or restricted by your Network Admin. In most cases, you encounter restrictions when you are using the public network like you are using discord in school, work, library, or any public place. To know if you are blocked by your network admin, you can either ask them directly or you can check by yourself by using the method mention below:
- Go to the start menu and open the control pane by search on the search bar or just run the “Control Panel” in the Run dialog box.
- Now search for the icon of “Network and Sharing Center” in the control panel. Click the icon to open.
- From the list of the active networks, search for the network which has the Internet as its access type
- Now click on the option which is next to the Connections with the blue color text.
- A dialog box will appear that must be displaying your connection status. Click on the Properties button on that dialog box.
- After opening the Properties, go to the networking and search for the Internet protocol version 4(TCP/ipv4) from the list given below. Now select it and then click on the properties on the right side.
- On the screen, you see two options, select the second option “Use the following DNS server addresses“. Now type “8 8 8 8” in the Preferred DNS server option and type ” 8 8 4 4″ in the Alternate DNS server option. Now Uncheck the “Validate settings upon exit” option on the bottom left-hand side and click the OK button.
Now close everything and reboot your computer. After you successfully reboot your computer, your discord app able to connect to a new voice server and you don’t face Any rout error anymore, But If you still face the Discord no route error, continue down to the next method.
5. Disable QoS
QoS stands for Quality Of Service and works over a network that allows packets to be prioritized while they are transferred. And there are many cases when discord no route error resolved by disabling QoS from the user settings.
Most of the applications can’t handle QoS settings because the computer can’t keep up with High Packet Priority Quality of Service. By Disabling the QoS you can resolve the problem.
- Open Discord and go to the user settings.
- On the user, settings find Voice and Video setting on the left-hand side.
- Now scroll down to the bottom and find Enable Quality of service High Packet Priority option on the settings and disable it.
- Retry and connect to a channel and use your audio.
6. Change the server’s voice region
You also facing no route error because the server you are trying to connect is in a different voice region than yourself. No matter what the reason is you might have to change your voice region to fix it.
And remember, if you are the admin of the server you can change the region yourself. But if you don’t have the right, then you can ask your server admin to do so for you.
If you are an admin, here is how you can change the server:
- Log in to the Discord app or website.
- Now click on the arrow facing the downside next to the server.
- After opening the context menu, click on the server setting.
- On the server setting window, go to the overview located on the left side.
- On the new tab, you’ll see an option named “server region“. Now click on the change button right next to the server region.
- After selecting the server region, choose the server region closest to you.
After following all the steps you might have to restart your discord. Once your discord restarted you can check if the discord no route issue is fixed.
7. By Flushing the DNS Setting
You can also fix this by using a series of commands in the command prompt. Many users have reported that the issue was fixed after using this method. Basically, DNS servers are used to get access to the website over the network. With the help of the IP address, your device makes a connection to websites by accessing it and this Ip address is returned by the DNS Server.
Sometimes the DNS Server Fails to return resources over the network. Some users proclaimed that after following this procedure the no routing issue got permanently fixed while some say that they have to repeat the procedure regularly to avoid facing the error. So, by using this method you are able to get your discord application to work.
- Go to the start menu and search Command Prompt on the search bar and open the command prompt as Administrator.
- On the command prompt, type the following command
and press Enter.
- After releasing the IP configuration, now again type a command
and press Enter to flush the DNS.
- On the final step type another command to renew the IP configuration
and press Enter.
- After Rebooting your computer, check if the no route error has been solved.
You can try this method on any version of windows.
So, guys, we tried our best to help you as much as we can to give you all sorts of possible ways to fix the Discord no route error, and we hope you able to solve your problem by using any one of the above methods. And if you have something to ask related to the no route error feel free to ask in the comment section, we will help you as soon as possible and we try to respond to your question as soon as possible. Also if you have any suggestions regarding this subject, drop us a comment.
- Can’t Hear Anyone on Discord- Complete How-to Guide
- Solved: Avast Won’t Open Issue – Not Opening in Windows 10
- Best Way to Archive Outlook Emails | How to Archive in Outlook
- How to Quote Someone on Discord