Vcruntime140.Dll missing error is a usual error in the Windows PCs that appears while opening a program. This problem can cause due to the corrupt system files, viruses, and inappropriate programs after a new update. However, you can solve it by following some simple steps. Here you can get the information about the applications that create this error and learn how to fix it.
How to fix the program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer?
You can find several possible methods to fix this error, but you should decide which is safe and which is unsafe before applying them. If you download the Vcruntime140.Dll file from the dangerous sites, you will increase the problem instead of reducing it. Here you can find some easy methods to fix the program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your Windows computer.
Re-register Vcruntime140.Dll file:
In this method, you need to command Regsvr32 in Command Prompt. By doing this, the Vcruntime140.Dll is missing error can be fixed. Here are the steps to do this:
- First, search for the Command Prompt in the Windows search box.
- Then do right-click on the command prompt program and press the Run as administrator button.
- Now, you need to unregister the Vcruntime140.Dll file. To do that, type regsvr32/u VCRUNTIME140.dll in the command prompt and press the Enter button.
- After the above process completes, you need to register the file.
- To do that, type regsvr32 VCRUNTIME140.dll in the command prompt and press the Enter button.
- Once everything is completed, the problem will be solved. If it doesn’t, then you can try other steps to solve it.
Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015:
In this process, you need to follow the instructions and make sure that all the missing files are installed properly. If you will not ensure that, you may need to use the corrupted programs. So, you should download it from the official download page of Microsoft.
- In the first step, you should download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable application from the official Microsoft website.
- Now, open the executable file and click on the Next button and then press the Run button to install it.
- On the new window, you need to check the Agree box to agree with the terms and conditions.
- Then press the Install button and wait for the process to complete.
After the application is installed, you can restart your computer to experience the changes. If you don’t see the changes after restarting your PC, you can try other methods.
Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015:
If the problem is not solved by the above method, you can follow this method. This is one of the most effective methods and worked for so many people. Below you can find the steps to repair the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015.
- Click on the Windows button and type Control Panel and open it
- On the Control Panel click on Programs and Features.
- From the list of programs, find the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64).
- Do right-click on it and select the Change option.
- Now, on the new window, click on Repair and wait until the process is finished.
- Then press the Finish button.
Now, you can restart your computer to allow the changes to be affected. If the problem solves after restarting the PC, then congratulations! You have made it. If still, the problem is there you can go for the following fixes.
Run a Full System Scan to detect Malware:
If both of the above methods have not worked for you, you can opt for this method. In this method, you have to scan the full system and discover and remove the viruses if any. After completion of this process, the Vcruntime140.Dll is missing error will be fixed.
The steps to scan your system are:
- Download the antivirus application by clicking this link and
- Click on MBSetup.exe and Install that by following the guidelines.
- Then open the Malwarebytes application and run a quick scan by going to the Scanner section.
- Now, wait until the process completes.
I hope this will solve your problem.
Copy a Vcruntime140.Dll file from another PC:
This is a simple method to fix the Vcruntime140.Dll is missing the problem. By following this process, you can solve the problem in minimal efforts.
- To copy the Vcruntime140.Dll file from another system you should ensure that the computer is working fine.
- Also, you should check that the computer uses the same Windows OS that you use and is updated with the latest System Update.
- Once you have checked the above thing, go to File Explorer in that system.
- Then go to C:\Windows\System32, where the Vcruntime140.Dll file is located.
- Now, copy this file to the same location on your computer.
- Once you have done the above steps, the Vcruntime140.Dll is missing error will be fixed.
Reinstall the program:
It is another easy way to fix this error. In this method, you need to reinstall the program that you can’t open due to the absence of the Vcruntime140.Dll file. The steps to do this are:
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows + R button on your keyboard.
- Now, write appwiz.cpl in that dialogue box and click on the Enter button.
- Now, the Programs and Features window will open. On that window, find the program that has a problem in the opening.
- Then, do right-click on that program and select the Uninstall option from the dropdown menu.
- After the above process completes, you can download and install that program again on your computer.
- This process can solve the Vcruntime140.Dll is missing error on your computer.
Install the Windows updates:
The Vcruntime140.Dll is missing error can be solved if you install the Windows updates. If any of the above methods have not worked for you, then you can try this method to fix the error. Follow the following steps to complete this process.
- First, open the Settings app on your PC.
- Then click on the Updates & Security.
- In that section, press the Check for Updates button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation of the updates completes, it may ask you to restart your PC.
- Now, restart your PC.
Hope after the completion of this process, the Vcruntime140.Dll is missing error will be fixed.
Run system file checker:
This is another method to fix the Vcruntime140.Dll is missing error. In this method, you need to check whether the system includes some corrupted or damaged files or not. To do this, you can follow these steps.
- Search for the Command Prompt in the Windows search box.
- Then right-click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator from the dropdown menu.
- On the command prompt window, type sfc/scannow and then hit the Enter button.
- This will check for the corrupted files and fix the error.
Check your recycle bin folder:
It is a simple task to do to fix the Vcruntime140.Dll missing error. As the file is missing, one general possibility can be that it is unintentionally deleted and present in the recycle bin.
To perform this task on your computer, follow the following steps.
- Go to your recycle bin folder and search for the Vcruntime140.Dll file.
- If you find that file, you should restore it.
- To do that, do right click on that and then select the Restore option from the dropdown menu.
- Now the file will be restored.
- If you don’t find the Vcruntime140.Dll file in the recycle bin, you can continue with other methods.
What is Vcruntime140.Dll?
It is an active link library file in your system that works as an executable file. When you open an application that needs this file, it starts the functioning. So, when this file gets missed or corrupted, you can experience the Vcruntime140.Dll is missing error.
Where is Vcruntime140.Dll located?
You can find this file in the System32 folder. The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable has installed this file in your system.
Where do I put Vcruntime140.Dll?
By installing the Vcruntime140.Dll file properly on your system, you can solve the problem. In some cases, the specific application needs this file to be placed in the installation folder. In that case, you have to put this file there.
How do you fix the code execution cannot proceed because Vcruntime140.Dll was not found?
In this case, you can reinstall the application to solve this problem. As the code execution cannot proceed because of the missing of the Vcruntime140.Dll, reinstalling the application can solve this problem. Because of the possibility of several versions of runtime libraries with the same DLL file, most of the applications come with runtime libraries.
So, these are the methods to fix the Vcruntime140.Dll is missing error. We hope at least a single method will work for you out of all the above methods to fix this error. You can try one by one method until the error is fixed. After you fix the error, you can run the program uninterruptedly.