You might be one of those users who use Discord as their only communication channel for all gaming and other purpose voice chat. There’s no doubt that Discord has gained immense popularity as a VOIP platform among Influencers, gamers, and other peoples.
Before jump onto the soltion to fix this its always better to know the cause of the problem so it won’t come again.
And there might be some applications or services that run on your computer conflicting with Discord and thus an error comes out. Besides the cause of the problem, in this guide, you’ll learn how can you fix the common errors on your computer by just performing some steps that make your computer run smoothly and without any error.
Try these fixes!
After knowing the reasons behind this trouble, you might be ready to tackle this error and make your Discord run again. As the error could occur due to multiple reasons, so there would not be a particular solution to fix it.
- Deleting the Cache Files
- Reinstalling Discord
- Temporarily Disable Antivirus
- Running gpupdate /force Command
Fix 1: Delete Discord Cache File
You can solve this error by just deleting some files that might be conflicting with your system. These are files that are generated by Discord over time in your computer and generally include information like, log data, config. files, usage data, cache images, and thumbnails, or some other data that makes Discord load faster on your computer.
- First of all, make sure the Discord is not running.
- Head over to Windows Explorer and Type the %appdata% in the address bar then hit Enter to get into the AppData Folder.
- In the AppData folder, look for the Discord folder.
- Once you find the Discord folder on the App Data Folder, hold Shift and Press Delete Button to delete that folder.
When the folder has been deleted, the next time you’ll open the Discord the folder and files will be generated automatically and you’ll need to sign in to your Discord account again.
Hope this method works for you as this one is pretty easier to do and you don’t have to reinstall anything from your PC.
Fix 2: Reinstall / Update the Discord app
If you’re using the older version of Discord then there’ll be more chance that it won’t work properly. In this case, you need to uninstall the Discord app and download the latest version from the official websites and install it on your PC.
You can Update the Discord by going to Taskbar and click on the System Tray icon then right-click on the Discord icon and select the check for updates option.
If there will be any updates available, it will update to the newer version automatically.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the Discord desktop client and download fresh setup file from the official website.
- Go to Start > Setting > Apps
- Find the Discord app from the list and click on it then select the Uninstall option.
Wait for few seconds and the uninstallation process will be finished. Then download the latest release of the Discord Desktop app from here and install it on your PC.
Fix 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
Follow the below steps to disable your Antivirus for the time being you use the Discord.
- Go to Start > Settings > Updates & Security
- Choose the Windows Security Tab from the left side and click on Open Windos Secuiryt butto.
- Then click on Virus & threat protection >> Manage Settings
- Now toggle off the Real-time protection option to disable the antivirus.
Another possible cause for no route error is due to Antivirus or firewall. The firewall/antivirus allows internet packets to flow through your system can come back in. But due to firewall/antivirus discord not able to maintain the outgoing connection. To know whether your security system causing the error or not, you need to follow the method mention below.
Here’s a quick guide, how you can do it:
- Open run dialog box Window key + R. Now type “appwiz.cpl” and press enters to open up Programs and Features.
- Now inside the Program and Feature option, scroll down and locate your 3rd party security solution, then right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Uninstall the third-party Antivirus or firewall on your system.
- Now go to the power option and reboot your computer and see if Discord can connect without issue.
Fix 4: Running gpupdate /force Command
- Go to the start menu and search Command Prompt on the search bar and open the command prompt as Administrator.
- On the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter.
- After Rebooting your computer, check if the no route error has been solved.
You can try this method on any version of windows.
Summing it up!
That’s all for this guide make sure when you’re following one method please have a look at the screenshots to take the steps carefully. Hopefully, the Discord error should be fixed now let us know in the comments which method did work for you.
And if you have something to ask related to the no route error feel free to ask in the comment section, we will help you as soon as possible and we try to respond to your question as soon as possible. Also if you have any suggestions regarding this subject, drop us a comment.
- How To Solve Discord No Route Error?
- How to Quote Someone on Discord
- Can’t Hear Anyone on Discord
- How to Jailbreak Firestick
- How to Join a PlayStation Party Chat?