Hi guys, you all know about antiviruses and why we use them, we face some major issues while using the antiviruses. We mostly prefer using a free version of any type of software and Avast is one of the most popular free antivirus available for Windows. But unfortunately, sometimes the user has to face some Avast antivirus issue in Windows 10. Sometimes users may encounter some serious problems like avast won’t open or cause a black screen on windows and many more. The most irritating of them is Avast does not recognize the windows system files as part of the operating system.
In this article, you know how to fix Avast won’t open issues on windows 10 and what is the reason reported by the users which cause this problem. And how can we solve them?
A most common Avast Antivirus issue other than avast won’t open users get the BSOD error after installing Avast in the latest version of Windows 10 and due to the incompatibility between Avast Drivers and CPU models. So, keep the latest version of avast software on your computer.
Now move on to some hard to solve issues reported by users.
- 1 Cases For Avast Not Opening or Running On Windows 10
- 2 1. Windows 10 Action Center Doesn’t Recognize Avast Antivirus
- 3 2. Avast Causes Balck Screen in Windows 10
- 4 3. Process Trust Error During Avast Installation
- 5 4. Avast Antivirus won’t update
- 6 Avast Won’t Open Issue
- 7 1. Repair Avast Antivirus
- 8 2. Restart Avast Antivirus Services
- 9 3. Perform a clean installation
Cases For Avast Not Opening or Running On Windows 10
1. Windows 10 Action Center Doesn’t Recognize Avast Antivirus
The Avast Antivirus issue most users get in windows when the action center does not recognize Avast Antivirus. If you have this problem, you’ll receive pop-up messages on your computer screen on the right side of your computer. And the message saying ” Windows Defender and Avast Antivirus are both turned off “.
But there is an easy solution for this, just follow the steps:
We are trying to disable the Antivirus and re-enable it to force Windows 10 to identify it.
1. Go to the taskbar and right-click on the Avast icon.
2. Now on the Avast Icon, you see an option name Avast shields control and select Disable for 10 minutes option.
3. After a minute enable it again the same way by selecting Enable all shields.
By this, your Windows 10 recognize Avast Antivirus and you don’t get that message again on your computer screen.
But Unfortunately, if the issue is still there, you have one more way to solve this problem.
1. Go to the start menu and run the command prompt from there as Admin.
2. Type winmgmt /verifyrepository command on the command prompt and press the Enter.
3. If you get WMI repository is consistent -no problems detected, type winmgmt /resetrepository command and press Enter.
4. If you get WMI repository is inconsistent -problems detected, type winmgmt /salvagerepository command and press Enter.
5. If you get the WMI repository has been salvaged – WMI repository has been successfully rebuilt. Now just reset your computer.
2. Avast Causes Balck Screen in Windows 10
Sometimes after installing Avast on windows 10 it causes a black screen issue in Windows 10. But this issue is not related to the Avast won’t open problem but it’s worth mentioning because some user gets this problem and their Avast Antivirus cause Balck screen on windows 10. To get rid of this problem you can try the following remedies.
1. Go to the Avast Antivirus icon and click on the icon and open the Avast Antivirus user interface
2. Go to the settings option and then click on the General
3. Now go to the Exclusion option at the bottom and click on add and add the two addresses to Exclusion:
4. Now restart your computer.
After that, you don’t get any Black screen issue anymore. But If you still face the same Black screen issue, then the problem is not related to Avast Antivirus.
3. Process Trust Error During Avast Installation
If you face this error you don’t have to do much. This error appears when you’re trying to install Avast on Windows 10, but instead of installing on Windows, you’ll get a “Process Trust” fatal error pop-up message saying ” Avast doesn’t Trust Avast Installer. And because of this error, you cannot install Avast on your computer.
The main reason for this error because of a conflict between Avast and Windows Defender antivirus programs. So, just disable your computer Windows Defender antivirus and try again to install Avast on your computer, and this time you shouldn’t experience any problem.
4. Avast Antivirus won’t update
Sometimes, when you try to update Avast it may fail to update its virus definitions and expose your computer to the latest threats. But there are some easy solutions which help you to solve Avast won’t update issue.
Here we have three solutions for you:
1. Update your OS: Sometimes when you are running outdated windows, you face this issue. The outdated Windows version may prevent other apps and software from running properly.
Go to Setting>Update & Security> Windows Updates>Check for updates.
2. Temporarily disable your Firewall/VPN: Sometimes, your firewall is the one that causes Avast to fail to update. Go to Start and search firewall and double click on it. Now click on”Ture off Windows Firewall” and turn off your Windows Firewall.
3. Clean boot your computer: Clean boot allow you to start Windows 10 using a minimal number of programs. By clean booting the computer it helps you to eliminate Softwares that conflicts with Avast and cause the problem.
- Go to Start and type System Configuration in the search bar and open it
- Now go to the service tab and select Hide all Microsoft services box and Click Disable all.
- Now go to the Startup tab on System Configuration and click on Open Task Manager
- Click on the Startup tab on the task manager and Disable all the Applications.
- Close the Task Manager
- On the System Configuration window go to the Startup tab and click OK.
- Now Restart your computer and try to update Avast Antivirus again.
Avast Won’t Open Issue
There are many different reasons Avast won’t open on Windows 10. In this article, you see the most common reasons that encounter by the users. So, for some users, the solution to the problem is different even if the problem is the same. You need to determine the correct and best solution for you and solve the problem.
1. Repair Avast Antivirus
If Avast won’t open after multiple tries and still fail to load, the best way is to fix the Avast is to repair the installed software of the Avast Antivirus. A lot of people who encounter Avast won’t open error find this solution helpful.
- Go to the start and search Control Panel on the search bar and press Enter
- In the Control Panel select Uninstall a program option under Program
- Now a new Window open name Program and Feature, navigate to avast
- Click on the avast and select Repair option and click on it
- Now the Avast starts to repair and wait for the process to complete
- When the process is completed, you can restart your computer.
If Avast still won’t open, you can try other solution suggested.
2. Restart Avast Antivirus Services
After trying the above method, if still, Avast antivirus won’t open. You can try to fix it by restarting the service to fix it. Just follow the step below carefully and after that, you can restart the Avast Antivirus services.
- Go to Start and type Services in the search bar and open the services.
- In the services window, find Avast Antivirus service on the list.
- Right-click on the service and select properties from it.
- Now check if the service is started or stopped on the status section. If the status of the service is Running, click on the stop button. If it already is stopped then keep it stopped.
- And now start the Avast Antivirus service, before you proceed to any other step make sure the option under Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Now just verify any dialog boxes and click on the Start button.
But if you receive an error message saying “Windows could not start the Avast Antivirus service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process“
If you receive this error, you can follow these steps to fix it:
- Follow through the above step to open the Properties of Avast Antivirus Services.
- Click on the Logon tab and click on the Browse button
- Under the Enter the object name to select the entry box. Type the name of your account, click the Check Names button and wait for your account’s name to be available. And click on OK
- If you have a password on your computer, it asks you the password. Type the password in the password box.
After completing all the steps, the Avast won’t open problem should be fixed now.
3. Perform a clean installation
Performing a clean installation helps almost fixing any kind of problem. So I am sure it also fix Avast not opening on Windows 10 issue. This method is very simple to execute and you can try this method right now. Now follow the steps below to perform a clean install.
- First, go to the download page of Avast and download the latest version of Avast Antivirus.
- Go to the uninstallation page of Avast and download the uninstallation utility avastclear and download into your computer
- Now boot your computer into safe mode and disconnect from the internet.
- Press Windows key+ R and open the run dialog box. Type msconfig in the dialog box and press Enter.
- Now switch to the boot tab in System Configuration Window and check the Safe boot Option and then Click OK.
- Restart your computer to boot into Safe Mode.
- Run the uninstallation utility of Avast and Browse to the folder where Avast is installed.
- Now Click on Remove and restart the computer with the normal startup.
Now you can check and see if Avast not opening on Windows issue is fixed or not.
I wish this article helps you resolve your problem and covers all the major errors that you may get in Windows 10. And if you get confused in any above method feel free to ask in the comment section and tell me about your problem, we will help you as soon as possible. Also if you have any suggestions regarding this subject, drop us a comment.
- Can’t Hear Anyone on Discord- Complete How-to Guide
- Solved: Chromecast Source Not Supported Issue
- Widevine Content Decryption Module Update Error Chrome, Firefox
- How To Get Google Assistant For Windows PC